Download Facebook Messenger for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Facebook Messenger is a great app for communicating with friends and family on Facebook. In addition, Messenger is emerging as a popular platform for interacting with brands and services. For example, you can now get your news to Messenger, or you can even get Uber from the app with a live car.
Face Messenger System Requirements
Before you start downloading Facebook Messenger on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, make sure you have the following:
- 150 MB of available space
- iOS 7.0 or later
- WiFi or mobile web access
- You have a Facebook account and your username and password are ready
- Your Apple ID and password
Download the Facebook Messenger app
Before you get started, you need to follow these simple steps to download Facebook Messenger to your iPhone or iPad:
- Find the App Store on your device
- Tap on the search bar (the field above) and type “Facebook Messenger”
- Tap on the “Get” button
- If you have not recently installed an application you may be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. The installation process may take a minute or more, depending on your Internet connection and speed.
02 of 05
Launch Facebook Messenger
Once you have your Facebook Messenger app installed, you’re just sitting back and enjoying the exciting world of texting with your social network friends. Find the Facebook Messenger icon that appears as a white icon with a blue conversation balloon as shown above.
Tap the icon to launch the Facebook Messenger app.
05 of 03
Sign in to Facebook Messenger
Signing in to Facebook Messenger for the first time
- You will be asked to enter your Facebook username and password, or if another Facebook product is installed on your device, you may agree and confirm who you are logged into. Continue to enter your username and password, or tap “OK to verify your identity” You can “switch accounts” at the bottom of the screen to log in as another user.
- Once logged in, a dialog box will appear asking for your permission to allow Facebook to access your contacts. This allows Facebook to find your contacts on Facebook and make it available for a chat via Messenger. Tap “OK”
- Another Messenger dialog box will ask for your permission for Face Messenger to send you notifications. This is an optional feature, but it can be good if you want to be notified when starting or replying to a conversation on Facebook Messenger in one contact. If Facebook allows you to send notifications, an alert will appear on your home screen every time a new message is waiting for you. Tap “OK” to enable access, or “Do not allow” if you do not wish to receive notifications from Facebook Messenger.
- When you have set up, you will see your Facebook profile photo and the text “You are in Messenger”. Tap “OK” to continue and start chatting.
Access your messages on Facebook Messenger
Once the setup is complete, once you are logged in, you will see all the messages you have sent or received on your Facebook account in Facebook Messenger, another messaging client, application, or your web-based account.
After reaching the beginning of your messaging history the screen will automatically load the corresponding messages scrolling down.
How To Write A Facebook Messengers IM
In the top right corner of Face Messenger, you will notice the pen and paper icon. Tap this icon to find your friends and send a message using your keyboard to create a new message.
How do I know when I buy the new Facebook Messengers IM?
When you receive a new message, a small blue dot appears to the right of the message, stating the date and time you received it. Messages without this dot icon are already open.
How To Sign Out From Facebook Messenger
When you can not actually get out of Facebook Messengers there are some things you can do to change how you look and how you get into Messengers
- Tap the “People” icon in the bottom menu and move the button next to your name to the left. This changes your status from “Active” to “Inactive”. You can still receive messages, but your friends will see that you are not active on Messenger, and they will notice if they do not return to you soon.
- Tap the “I” icon at the bottom right of the screen and tap “Notifications” to access a few different ways to manage your notifications.
- Scroll down the “Do Not Disturb” button to the right to pause your notifications. You will be asked to select the time frame in which you want to stop your notifications – for example, 15 minutes, 8 hours or up to a specific time.
- Tap “Notifications in Messengers” to access voice and vibration controls when receiving a Facebooks message. Move either button to prevent your device from notifying you of a message by voice or vibration.